It is a synthetic, biodegradable, cyanoacrylate-based glue, modified by the addition of a monomer synthesised by the manufacturer, GEM (Italy).
When used in a moist environment, Glubran 2 polymerises quickly and at low temperature into a thin elastic film, which has high tensile strength and firmly adheres to the anatomy of the tissue on which it is applied. Once polymerised, it acts as a bio-inert material.
Synthetic Surgical Glue (Boxes of 10 x 1ml vials)
- Easy preparation (no thawing, mixing or waiting)
- Fast polymerisation (beginning in 1–2 seconds and completed in 60–90 seconds)
- Low polymerisation temperature (45°C maximum)
- The product is fully synthetic
- Non-toxic, non-mutagenic and bio-compatible
- Fully rebatable for private patients
- Efficacy in a wet environment
- Wide range of applications, including surgical, endoscopic and interventional radiology
Indications for Use
Glubran 2 is indicated for use in:
- a wide range of open and laparoscopic surgical specialities and procedures,
- digestive tract endoscopy,
- interventional radiology and vascular neuroradiology procedures as an embolic agent.
It can be applied alone or in combination with sutures, potentially reducing the number of sutures required while resulting in a more secure suture line.
- Individually packaged
- Box of 10 x 1ml vials
- Packaging is gamma irradiated
- Refrigerate between 2°C and 8°C (do not freeze)
- 2 year shelf life from date of manufacture
ARTG No: 158438
Prostheses List Rebate Code: MG038