It is a synthetic, biodegradable, cyanoacrylate-based glue, modified by the addition of a monomer synthesised by the manufacturer, GEM (Italy).
When used in a moist environment, Glubran 2 polymerises quickly and at low temperature into a thin elastic film, which has high tensile strength and firmly adheres to the anatomy of the tissue on which it is applied. Once polymerised, it acts as a bio-inert material.
See also Glubran2 application devices
Synthetic Surgical Glue (Boxes of 10 x 1ml vials)
|Synthetic Surgical Glue (1ml Vial)|
- Ready for use
- Easy application
- Strong adhesive, haemostatic, sealant and bacteriostatic properties
- Effective antiseptic barrier
- Rapid polymerisation at low temperature
- High coefficient of elasticity
Indications for Use
Glubran 2 is indicated for use in:
- a wide range of open and laparoscopic surgical specialities and procedures,
- digestive tract endoscopy,
- interventional radiology and vascular neuroradiology procedures as an embolic agent.
It can be applied alone or in combination with sutures, potentially reducing the number of sutures required while resulting in a more secure suture line.
Presentation: sterile, single use 1ml vials; ready for use
Storage: 0-4 degrees Celsius. Do not FREEZE.
When stored under recommended conditions, Glubran 2 has a shelf life of 2 years from the date of manufacture.
ARTG No: 158438
Prostheses List Rebate Code: MG038